Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 e-directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

kusdjeff

MIS
Apr 4, 2002
US
I have a Netware 5.1/6 environment in which I just installed a Windows 2000 server in. The Windows server is not part of a domain/it is not running AD. I have installed e-directory for Windows 2000 on the stand-alone server. The problem that I am having is my Novell clients are unable to access the Windows 2000 server with edirectory. I am under the impression that I will be able to access the Windows server from my Novell clients. Am I wrong to assume this? Any suggestions/ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there
I have installed edir beta on my windows 2000 domain controller(AD), and I can login from windows 2000 workstation running novell client beta.

Have you got the latest version of novell client?

also use ping to verify physical connections?

good luck

Kusdjeff,
it should be able to work smooth. However, I will have a look also on this subject, and if I find tips&tricks i will announce you.

Gia Betiu
gia@almondeyes.net
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K
new: (just started)

Thanks for the responses.

A couple of things... I do have a physical connection the Win2k server. I can ping and even see the server in nds. I am having the problem that I cannot create a share?/volume? on the Win2k server so that my Novell clients can access. What steps (if it is possible) need to be completed so that I can share folder from my Win2k server (with edirectory) and my Novell clients can access them?

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back