Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Banyan Vines Client Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhammer

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2001
US
When in Explorer opening folders with many files(in the hundreds)explorer will either restart, or give a memory cannot be read, or that it can't write to memory.

It seems to be some kind of write ahead cache problem.

Any ideas or tweaks that can be made?

Thanks for any help you can give.

remove IE6 if installed or Extended view 2000 if installed then your problem will be gone. The proble is that vines sometimes lose his tokens and cause memory fault in Explorer...

I have been told client 8.67 for windows 2000 fixed this problem.

That's great! Would you mind E-mailing it to me? I'd really appreciate it. My address is sheppard@magpage.com

Thanks!

Could someone plase e-mail me the banyan client for win2k, I would greatly appreciate it.

My e-mail is anthonys@auscript.com.au

Regards

Tony

I would be much obliged if someone could send me the 8.64(7) client. Attachment to <jwr@esau.th.vu.nl>

No. I have received it and a few previous versions to boot.

The problem with the client was not version related, but a complicated interplay of factors (VIP over UDP tunnelling, infrequent hardware failure, the application, etc) at which I can only guess. Fortunately I have gotten beyond the problems. I can post more information, but it's a a little long, so I'll post it only on request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back