Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Backup System Time Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgeorger

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2003
US
I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone on this and before ponying up $250 on phone support at M$ I figured I would try here first. When I try to schedule a backup on a Windows 2000 Server I get the following message just before finishing the wizard..."The starting time and date is set earlier than the current system time. This job will never be started by the Task Scheduler. Do you want to set a later start time?"

Well, what I was trying to do was set up a test for about an hour later than the current time. The scheduler wants me to set the time no earlier than 5 hours from the current time. Has anyone run into this problem at any point and found a solution for it? Help, I'm pulling out what's left of my hair!

What time zone do you have the server set to. It almost sounds like the server is using GMT.

I have the time set to Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back