Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 - Application occupy 100% CPU usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConanCode

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
US
I'm having the same problem as those of you with Dos Application running under Windows 2000. It's a Foxpro Application that's occupying 100% of Cpu usage with only a Few Select and Copy statement. It's works faster and better on 98 and Nt than 2000.

Any Idea or Suggestion to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated.

I know you can manage memory for DOS programs by right-clicking and going to properties on the DOS Shortcut. You may be able to "tweak" it from there.

It's a Visual Foxpro 7.0 - 32 bits application. I tried buffers and files setting in config.nt - no help either.

How wierd...do you have Access? Maybe check and see if it does something similar. It may just be because of the fact that it's a database.

It's a local database on my hard drive. It's the same configuration with 95 and NT. (I think the thread management of 2000 is behaving weird).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back