Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

power

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2000
CA
Has anybody had a chance to use FoxPro 2.6A programs on Windows 2000 Advanced Server without any problems?

This question comes up a lot in the forums. MicroSofts answer is that FoxProWin will work under Win2K. They release several Knowledge base articles on it. Suddenly when Win2K was released MicroSoft dropped all support for WFPW2.6 and some of the Knowledge base articles on FPW26 were removed from the MSN web site. People have problems getting it to work. Several people have tackled the problem and have seceded in getting it to work. I do not know what they did to make it work. From what I can remember there are some things that must be done.

1. Do not run FPW on a drive with the new Win2K File Allocation table. Install a second drive and format it with an older version of FAT and install FPW on it.

2. FPW will not install on Win2K correctly. Solution install FPW on a Win9x computer and copy the FPW directory to the Win2K computer. FPW does not place any files in the /Windows/ directory so this can be done.

3. There is a System.NT file in the windows directory that must be modified with the old DOS config.sys info for FPW. I think the file is named Config.nt.

4. Get the FPW2.6a and the patch for the faster processor speeds.

I hope this helps you. David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com
ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back