Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 AD and Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoormz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2003
US
I have a Windows 2000 Server running Native Mode with Active Directory configured. Domain Name IMGOP.
I have 10 Windows XP Professionals connected to this IMGOP Domain.
I have configured TCP/IP Printer (HP 2300n) on the Windows 2000 Server and shared this printer on the network and in the sharing I have "List in the Directory" is checked.

The Problem:

The proble is that when I go to the workstations and log on to the domain as a user and try to add this printer so that the user can print it takes 20 minutes to add this printer on to this machine. All the other resources from the server are really fast like files and programs are fast except for adding the printer to the machine. Once the printer is added to the machine it works normal.

Please let me know if you all know a solution.

i guess you logon as a user but still it is a local administrator, right? because as you said, even it takes 20 minutes to add but still it can add a printer.

ok, i want to know first is how you add a printer?i mean the process?

maybe you can do i this way,
start->run
and type: \\servername\printersharing

the shared printer should be exist..right click it and then connect..hope it helps!

When I do it form the CMD line it works. Then why can't I do this same thing with the wizerd.

Ok...I would like to add a start up script on connecting a HP Laserjet 2300n to all my users when they log in how do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back