Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 update history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom606

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2007
US
I updated my machine to version 20H2. When I look at the "review update history" in settings there is no entry showing the update took place. I thought maybe the log file was corrupt so I ran sfc /scannow and repaired the log file. Rebooted and still no change in the view update history.

Is there any way to rebuild the history update file or a way to repair it?

If i'm not mistaken, the 20H2 is a Upgrade, which removes prior information such as Update History except those that occur after the 20H2 update. Prior data was stored in the windows before the upgrade, and since windows 10 updates are cumulative, you will have received all updates up to 20H2 in that update.

Chris AKA TacoHunter

Windows 10 20H2 is the whole version update it won't appear in the Update History. Later the minor update will appear in the Update History and you can also uninstall the minor updates and not roll back to the previous build 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back