Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 legacy analog system software (KX-TEA308 & KX-TES824 Maintenance Consoles) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypulse

Programmer
Mar 12, 2010
GB
Hi

I still look after a few of these systems, using software installed on an ancient XP laptop which is on its last legs.

I'm trying to get the following software to work on my Windows 10 machine:
KXTEA308Console_v3001R1_1431622051.exe for KX-TEA308
KXTE824Console_v3001R1_1431622497.exe for KX-TES824

These are the latest versions available on the Panasonic site and according to the Windows 10 compatibility document, should work. They both install fine and both open fine but as soon as I click on an icon in the menu pane on the left, the software simply closes down with no error message. This is the case when working online, or offline on a new database or when working on a saved database.

I've had a search online and seen a few other complaints about this while some people seem to have no issues. I have not been able to find a solution though, other than try running an XP VM which seems like a faff if the software should work on Win10.

Has anyone worked out a fix for this please? For what it's worth the PBX Unified for TD/NCP and NS Unified have always worked OK on this machine.

Have you tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 8?, or installing an older version first then upgrading it with this latest one.

Wanet Telecoms Limited

omonat said:
Have you tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 8?, or installing an older version first then upgrading it with this latest one.

I did try these to no avail. Seems to be something to do with my W10 install but I'm not sure what's missing exactly. Thanks though.

Use the drivers in Win7 folder.
Mind your, Note 64 or 32 bit? - check which applies
Also check compartibility mode for Win7

I install this all the time and it's always working

Wanet Telecoms Limited

omonat said:
Use the drivers in Win7 folder.

I don't think this is a USB driver issue as it still happens in off-line mode after a clean install. I've tried each compatibility mode.

omonat said:
I install this all the time and it's always working
That's the annoying part ;) Many people report no issues.

Have you tried uninstalling it then reinstalling via run as Administrator

Ping me, i try to help you

Wanet Telecoms Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back