Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 10 Build 1903 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Shadow

Technical User
Dec 1, 2018
US
Automatic update including issues. I never thought it would be required to install an operating system with known issues. 🤣

It got me this time. As a serious hobbyist photographer I depend on calibrating my screen before editing any photo. Microsoft® in their infinite (infant) wisdom believe it's in my best interest not to change any display setting.

"Microsoft has identified some scenarios in which these features may have issues or stop working, for example:
[ul][li]Connecting to (or disconnecting from) an external monitor, dock, or projector[/li][/ul]
[ul]
[li]Rotating the screen[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Updating display drivers or making other display mode changes[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Closing full screen applications[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Applying custom color profiles[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Running applications that rely on custom gamma ramps"[/li]
[/ul]

I sure am glad that I am not income dependent on my photography. I will just wait for the Cure rather than rollback. It's their problem, make them fix it.

Microsoft has released the latest update before resolving a number of outstanding issues. But at least they now provide a more centralized location for getting update information. The home page (dashboard) can be found here and the specific page for the latest update can be found here.

Adrian G,
Hosted QuickBooks and 0ffice 365 Migration Expert

Updated a few days ago. Four laptops and a Tablet...took a bit of time. Updates to the Updates that were Updated. Only Microsoft®

Career ended. Now I'm a Senior Citizen/Student first term looking for an Associate of Applied Science (Computer Information Systems)...Yeah, I joined The Dark Side...at least since September 2019. Once I have a Free Moment I will calibrate my monitor and see if it can be saved.

UPDATE:
Looks like I will have to wait some more for Microsoft® to fix their mistake. Last batch didn't help.

Microsoft has released the latest update before resolving a number of outstanding issues."
As time goes on Microsoft is doing less and less update testing; waiting for the "big" one to take out servers.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, 1949

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back