Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Window XP Pro Installation Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylessKnight

Technical User
Jun 29, 2003
US
I installed a clean version of XP Pro on a system, it formatted for NTFS, and continued to copy XP files... when it was done and went to restart, I got the blue screen saying Windows detected an error, and has to be shut down before damaging the computer yadayaya... it says Page_Fault_in_Nonpaging_file (not sure about the file part, but the rest is right..) I've repeated everything several times, and it always gives me an error of some sort... I've tried winnt.exe also. I took the hard drive out of another computer, and installed it fine... i shut the system down... put the hard drive back into the other computer... and I got the blue screen again... Not giving any specifics... but saying to remove new controllers, or hardware... Anyone have any suggestions?? I'm desperate. Please help. Thanks...

Will

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you guys that when I turned it off and turned it back on I get "Error loading operating system"... It's an AMD board, 1300MHz, 256 MB RAM... I hate this computer... HELP! Please! lol

Nope, wasn't the ram... it worked fine before format. I actually got Home to Install, it went into windows... and I choose the option to Restart, and it never booted up again.. So I'm back where I started. Needing to install XP PRO. Thanks.

There shouldn't be very much difference between installing Home & Pro. Could they be significantly different generations? - AKA SP1 version and non-SP1? If they were, there could be some differences. This info might be worth looking through

Wow that's alot of stuff that I have no idea what it is.. lol. I'm DLing another ISO Image of Pro. I'm going to try that... I had copies of it, and neither were very good. Some installations I would have to alternate discs to get all the files needed by setup - pain in the arse. Does the RAM reset itself when the computer's turned off? Thanks.

"I'm DLing another ISO Image of Pro....I had copies of it"

Are we talking about using illegal versions here? If so, that could be part of the reason that you're having problems and it will also prevent you from getting further help in this forum.

I've bought all my software, I've made copies of them for me, I'm not sure if that's illegal or not, I guess downloading an image is, but hey - it's my key.

I'm DLing another ISO Image of Pro
Using illegal versions that come from 99% of the P2P systems are not complete... and there fore do not work.. Need help ask the FREE LOADERS...
gunsling.gif

Frank Smith
s0121@dhcnetwork.com
"SomeWhere in Kansas--"Near Dodge City"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back