Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Window | Type & Tables | Tabs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjc240e

Technical User
Nov 12, 2004
US
Has anyone had a problem with actually seeing the Tabs box? When i click on Window | Type & Tables | Tabs or do the shortcut keys Shift+Ctrl+T i get a blank box with "Tabs" in the tabbed box, with nothing below. when i move my mouse over the blank box i see the cursor changes to a finger pointing but it does not allow me to type anything in or add any new tabs... also i do not even see the ruler or anything.

Any Suggestions?

This is Adobe Indesign CS V3.0, on a Dell Demisnion 2400, running XP SP2

I don't want to trivialise the problem, but is perhaps the tab pallet "minimized"? On PC, the floating pallet will have two small icons top-right: "Minimize/Maximize" and "Close". If minimized, the pallet will appear as nothing but the title bar and the "Tab" tab. Maximized, and it will show the rulers. If this is not the problem, let us know.

Also, you might want to upgrade to CS v3.0.1 (Help > Updates)

That must of done something because now it is showing. I know what you were referring to before about the minimized and i know it was not because i tried that max min buttons, and it did nothing, but now with the update to 3.0.1 it is working again. Thanks very much

Glad to be of service :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back