Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Window Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaya

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
GB
Our remote users have been logging on fine for around 9 months now. However, one user had to have ICA Client reinstalled yesterday, and since then we haven't been able to change her window size. We have tried various settings within custom connections including 95%, 75% and 1024x760, but no matter what we do we just get a really small window which is too small to be able to see the icons etc.

I've looked on Citrix site and although there were some similar problems there, I didn't find it very helpful. Be great if somebody could help.

Thanks

What happens if you just select a seamless window? You really want to use seamless anyway so they only take up one connection, no matter how many apps they open.

I don't know what a seamless window is. Citrix is something that I taught myself - I've never had any real training. Could you explain please? Thanks very much.

Hi Biaya,

this is an example for an ICA file.

This ICA connection file contain a lots of settings that you need to add bigger window size for example.

I think the problem is , your client is inherit server settings., where the appication is set to 640x480 minimal settings.

Use This file for your clients
TWIMode=On ....then do not inherit the Server config, then use this file...

[WFClient]
Version=2
TcpBrowserAddress=
BrowserRetry=5
BrowserTimeout=2000
MaximumCompression=On
DesiredColor=1 ;set to 16 colors
ScreenPercent=0
PersistentCacheEnabled=On
PersistentCacheSize=20000000
PersistentCacheMinBitmap=2048
PersistentCachePath=c:\temp\Ica ;path to store client Cached bitmaps