Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

window.open() Maximized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtmo5

Programmer
Jul 16, 2004
US
This function accepts a url which then is opened by the window.open(). How can I get this window to be full size or maximized? Thanks a lot.

<script language="javascript">
function openPop(url);
{
window.open(url);
}
</script>

function openPop(url);
{
window.open(url,'','height=400,width=780'); //fixed
//window.open(url,'','height='+screen.height+',width='+screen.width); as per user's screen
}

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Need to be careful not to confuse "full size" window with "maximized" window..... not the same. You can easily control the window size as mentioned above, but can not MAXIMIZE the screen using JavaScript. The effect of not being maximized would be that vertical scrolling may not function (or even be available) if the window isn't maximized, and the user may not realize that there is more info "below the fold".

For whatever it's worth, I think IE4 had a window.open parameter called 'fullscreen,' but I guess they did away with that.

--Dave

i thought about that too, but it doesnt work in NS...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

"fullscreen" is still supported in IE, but it still doesn't MAXIMIZE the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back