Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Window Key + E problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjd4jc

Programmer
Nov 8, 2001
US
When I press the Windows Key + E I get a windows explorer window as expected but when it shows up all of my menus and tool bars are gone. I don't know how the get them back. Can anyone help?

I have tried right-clicking and I can never get a context menu that helps any.

Thanks

Brian

So if I understand correctly, you don't even get the File/Edit/View/Favorites/Tools/Help menus, correct? Have you attempted to "Alt-V" (View menu) and readjust the toolbars? How about right click my computer and explore. Does that give you the same look?

From Tools (Alt-T), Folder Options, and the view tab, have you attempted to "restore defaults" and Reset All folders?

-I don't have the File/Edit/View etc.

-I can't do anything but Alt+space to get any of the menus up.

-I get the same behavior if I right click MC and do explore

-If I double click on MC I get all of the menus and address bars

-I tried to "restore defaults" and "Reset All Folders" but it didn't change anything.

Thanks

Brian

Anything within the local (or domain) policy that might be doing this?

User Config / Windows Settings / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Windows Explorer

linney-

The information in your link worked for me. Thanks a ton!

tfg13-

Thanks for helping out.

Brian

It is a forum, we all help each other out as best as we can and learn as we do so. Of equal importance are the other contributors who also provide suggestions, given in their own free time in an effort to help other members. These are the people who make this forum "tick", they also deserve our recognition and thanks. Similarly, the members who ask the questions are central to our existence, this is what makes Tek-Tips such a great place.

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back