Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

window in IE opens minimized

Status
Not open for further replies.

muz

Technical User
Mar 19, 2001
US
Sorry about this, usually this is easy, but I can not fix this. When I am in IE and I open a new window the window always opens minimized. I've tried to maximize and close and looked in options, etc. I want the window to open maximized.

Thanks

Do you truly mean minimized to the taskbar, or is it just small? If it just opens small, follow these steps exactly: Open IE, open a new window, close the original IE window so that only the small one remains. Then click and drag the corners to almost fill the screen - do not use the maximize button. Now, close the window and it should stay. If not, repeat the proceedure and hold the CTRL key while clicking the X to close the window.

Thanks,

When I am saying minimized, the window shows on the taskbar and the window on the sreen is minimzed so only a small box appears. If that helps.

thanks

Hello muz,

Check the registry value named Window_Placement in the hive shown below. If it exists, export it's value for safety backup then delete it?
Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Window_Placement"=-
regards - tsuji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back