Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

window 2000 doesn't allow me to run any program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cexpert

MIS
Jan 11, 2002
US
I cleaned viruses, then reinstalled W2K. It doesn't allow me to run any program. Sometimes says

"the file .... or part of it is not found".. In Control panel when I try to run Add/Remove

Hardware, it says "Access to the specified device, path or file is denied". I checked local

security options, they're OK. I don't have global security options. I can run Internet Explorer

and send when I click an e-mail link I can send e-mail using Outlook Express but when I click the

shortcut or try to run directly, Outlook Express can't start... If you know anything, please

help.. Thanks..

Make backup of all data you want to keep, burn it on CD's or put it on another harddrive [localy] or over a network.

Format your computer, repartition it then reinstall Windwos.
If your looking for something and you can't find what your looking for, try searching where you think you won't find what your looking for.

You can try running SFC.EXE/SCANNOW from the command prompt. Make you have the W2k-cd and that you have administrative privlidges. This will check your system files and replace any files that are missing or that are not the origional version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back