Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win98SE VSYNC01.386 file missing on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinseaking

Technical User
Dec 1, 2002
US
HP Pavilion with Win98SE. Had a problem with certain files.
VMMRD.386, TELA-LIT.VXD, VSYNC01.386.
Found a thread that stated the fix was regedit and remove/delete the files above.
Did that, and in bootup still gives me VSYNC01.386 in the Reg or Sys.INI file missing.
When I press any key, it boots fine, and can't find any other problems with it. Just a problem with booting!
Does anyone have any suggestions/comments please.

Dave

I don't know about sys.ini but there is a system.ini file. Maybe there is a reference to that file in there. You can see it if you run msconfig. One of the tabs is the system.ini file. Look in there.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

See if there is a vsync01.386 entry in the system.ini file.
If so, then delete it with any text editor.

Sorry for the late entry to this problem.
I'm still having a problem with the VSYNC01.386. There is NO reference to this file in the SYSTEM.INI file in MSCONFIG at all. As stated, I've deleted all the entries in the Registry, without any luck with this error.
Does anyone have any other ideas on this problem?

Dave

Have you looked for a source for this file? Get a copy and make the problem go wway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back