Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win98/VPN/NT login

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickn6pe

Technical User
May 4, 2001
US
I log into an NT server from a Win98 SE machine via VPN.
The server lets me in, but it does not run the login script and map the drives for me.

Any ideas why the login script doesn't run?

Thanks,

Rick

n6pe@pacbell.net

I also have this problem, I need to have my users get their login script. Any one solve this problem?

I had the same problem but managed to solve it by making sure it authenticated the domain properly.

it may have a bearing on the network logon properties ie.
quick logon or logon and restore connection tabs.

I have had the same problems, i would get the logon script to work, but then could not browse network neighborhood and, vise versa I had to copy the logon script to the users desktop and told them to click it when they log on.

I am having this same problem now and the domain is set to log on and restore network connections. It runs fine from a win2k client. Anyone else have ideas?

I had the same problem was able to solve it by doing the following on a win98se machine. When the login prompt came up I hit the cancel button. Then when I go to dial-up networking to login to the system with the VPN I will receive to logins. Then I am fine receive drive mapping and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back