Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win98 Scanner / Printer Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooBanshee

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
US
I'm running win98se on the following system: AMD 1000/266 T'Bird, Iwill KK266, 256meg ram.

I have a Memorex scanner connected to the printer port and an Epson Stylis color connected to the Scanner.

Recently when Photoshop tries to acquire the scanner I get a Windows message:

"There are print jobs in processing. Please wait till all print jobs are done."

There are NO print jobs processing. NONE.

When I click to OK button the following message occurs: An error occurred trying to access your scanner. Please make sure it is connected properly."

The scanner is connected properly and the printer operates normally.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

I had this same problem once with an HP printer and scanner. I downloaded a newer printer driver from the HP web site that fixed my problem. You might try downloading the latest printer driver from Epson's web site. Just a thought.

Thanks for the idea NoBrain. I have updated both the scanner and printer drivers. But this did not solve my problem.

Unfortunately, the error message still occurs.

Does the scanner and printer work with other programs beside Photoshop? You might uninstall and reinstall Photoshop. Also, I've had flaky problems with Internet Explorer 5.0 thru 5.5. I don't know what IE had to do with some of the problems, but they cleared up on IE 6.0. Also, do you have all the updates against Win98SE installed?
Have you installed any software recently that could be causing your problem? I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone else will join in and add their two cents worth.

I receive the same message with two photo programs and the OCR program. So all programs I use to access the scanner get this error message.

BarryM. Thanks for the tip. I have downloaded and installed the USB patch.

But the problem still exists.

I have the scanner connected to the printer port and the printer connected to the scanner.

I have no USB devices connected to my computer.

Can you disable "two-way" printer communication? This helps with HP printers connected to a scanner, it might help with
Epson,also. It would be a check mark in the printer options somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back