Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win98 in safe mode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlevan

Technical User
Jun 27, 2005
US
have an old machine with win98. Lots of problems lately. Ran Spybot on it tonight and now it will only come on in safemode. Can't do much. Not sure what to do next?? Unfortunately I have some docs and messages that are not backed up. Ideas?

You can go back into spybot and do a restore from the last spybot clean. Spybot will sometimes take out things you need to make your system run. I would not use spybot. I would use either adWare SE or A-squared.

Thanks, I'll try that. I also during that time deleted a program called ShopperWizard which i thought was junk. Do you think that would have also deleted important files?

You are right it is junk and no it will not delete anythin important.

Thanks. I did the restore on Spybot and computer is up and running. Appreciate your help.

You are very welcome glad I could be of help. CAUTION be sure to scan you system with another spyware program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back