Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win98 and Win 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

jggomb

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
US
Stupid question but can a windows 98 client join a 2003 network?

For some reason whenever I try to logon to the domain it gives me an "incorect paramater" error.

In the Default Domain Controller Security Policy, and in the Domain Security Policy, you have to disable "Domain Member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always)".

You also have to install dsclient.

Jim

Jim Webber
Network Administrator MCSE CNA

I'm having a problem to browse windows 2003 domain from my PC win98 through network neighborhood. I can see the domain but when I double click on it error msg prompt out "network resource not available" (or something like that, I can't remember)

Pls advise. Thanks in advance.

The situation is the USER can logon to the Windows Server 2003 domain, however the Windows 98 Computer cannot join the domain. Win 9x machines cannot have computer accounts.

There is also a separate Active Directory client that will allow you to browse the network. This client is on the Server CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back