Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win32api.txt file

Status
Not open for further replies.

shope

Programmer
Nov 1, 2001
CA
Is there an upgrade to this file? I am starting to use api's more and more but this file doesn't have the ones I need. I realize I can get the c++ header file prototype from msdn library but it doesn't tell me about the structs and return types.

(did that make sense)

Does anyone know where I can get a newer version? I mostly want it for wininet.dll

Thanks
Scott Hope shope@gov.mb.ca

Win32Api.txt only contains definitions for libraries of the Windows OS, which WinInet is not.

I'm unaware of anyone who has compiled a text file for WinInet to be used with the API viewer. Odds are someone has, you just have to find it. Scavage the MSDN, the Web, etc..... would be a good starting point. If they dont have it, they have a several samples you can download that have many of the definitions of the functions in WinInet.

PS - You could easily compile this text file using the C++ header file you speak of and the MSDN to fill in the missing pieces. Then, submit it to Microsoft and maybe they'll create a KB article so people can download it in the future. Jon Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back