Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2kPro stuck in a boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resh87

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2003
US
I have a windows 200 pro machine that will not boot. It continuously cycles through the first and second windows boot screens then repeats. It will not start with any option under the F8 screen.

Can anyone provide some advice on what I should check? I've already scanned the disk for errors and bad sectors and everything checked out ok.

Thanks

Bit of history might be useful. If this hasn't been happening since first installed - when did it start happening? And any changes to hardware/software/settings, major crash, virus shortly before that.

I had this same sort of problem today and it was a bad motherboard.

Scott

if you have the ERD make boot from it and repair. or put the Windows 2000 CD Installer it should be bootable! and it will give you an option to repair itor reinstall . if this doent work just format it and reinstall windows

This happened to me after an O.S. install. I reinstalled with the boot floppys/ or you can use the CD if you use as first boot seq. Then I hit repair install. This worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back