Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k3 Server & Client GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

site4sure

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
Hi Gang,

I'm frustrated as hell.. anyhow.. I set up a new server in our Casper office, created users, and a group policy that was simple, like a locked IE homepage and the log off button showing up..etc... We came down to denver, reloaded some comps with Win2k joined the new domain etc.. and my group policies are not working. They worked in casper and not here. Any ideas? Help ASAP would be appreciated.

Are your denver clients logging onto the casper office server? Or do you have a server in Denver? Assuming you have a server in denver, have you checked to make sure the denver server is replicating to the casper server?

No denver server. Everything in Casper. Done over a t1 on both ends.

is your gpo site-wide or applied to a specific OU? is it computer-based or user-based? have you verified connectivity to the domain from the clients? Did you rule out lag-time as an issue?

Hi,

Yes. Iti s applied to the entire domain and both group and user based. I did the default domain policy. We can get on to the domain, see the AD and all that stuff, but no policy.

Hey,

I've played around with it this morning and still no luck. I need some help. I'll be here all day watching the post, so any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back