Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Workstation not all files copied

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

MIS
Feb 13, 1999
GB
On a number of occasions when I have tried to copy all files in a folders as well as the subfolders but not all files were copied. The process appears to complete without any problems but on checking not all the files in the sub fiolders have been copied. The process used in each case was selecting all files and sub folders (Ctrl a) the Ctrl C moving to the new folder and Ctrl V paste.

On 3 occasions I was copying to a writable CDR

I have not been able to recreate the problem at will but it has happened a number of times and it is getting a bit worrying.

Has anyone else had this problem or suggest a cause (and fix)

Many thanks

MJC

Make sure you have the show all files enabled.
Hidden files will not be shown if you don't.

I had this same problem using HP cd writer and easy CD creator software. Usually it would happen when using windows explorer to copy the files. Not sure why it happened but it would always copy cd's fine.

A few things that have got me in the past.......

Check the attributes of the files not copied. You may find that they are read only or hidden etc.

Another thing to try is to turn off web folders. If a file is highlited in an explorer view a preview is opened on the left plane. This means that the file is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back