Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win2k updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemorej

Technical User
Mar 12, 2004
PH
good day!

i was wondering, when i update a win2k pc, where does the updates go to? what folder? is it possible to copy the installation updates and save it on a different folder so that when i update a newly installed win2k pc, i wont be hassled on updating through the internet.

thanks a lot.

The updates gennerally go to a temorary space on the hard drive, then get installed to their respective target directories.

You can visit and download all the updates individually. I usually get what I call "the biggies" -- SP4, IE6/SP1 Update, etc, then let it go on-line to get the smaller ones. One of the "features" you lose by downloading manually is having the system detect which updates you *really* need (critical), and which ones are only suggested.

Hope this helps

thanks for the replies. its really a big help. thanks again BudTheGrey and bcastner.
more power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back