Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win2k sp4

Status
Not open for further replies.

taubate

Programmer
Jun 29, 2001
US
We're running 5 MetaFrame XPe FR2 servers with win2k sp3. I've heard of multiple issues between MF XP and sp4. What experiences does everyone have?

The only issue I have experienced, and I am running 4 W2k Sp4/XPa SP3/FR3 Servers is a slow login/logoff problem for which there is an MS hotifix, search this formum for the link to download.

I've read the tokeshi site. My experience with installing MS patches has been negative so far. To the point where I now regulate security at the firewall level.

We are running in a SP4 / XP FR3 environment. I haven't had many issues creep up yet, but the setup is only a month old.

We did have an error with the hotfix MS0-039. Seems these fixes screwed with the printing spooler, and I had to spend some time fixing that. There is a User/SID issue I'm chasing currently that came up at the same time as the hotfix, but again this is related directly to the hotfix, and not SP4 itself.

We have installed the MS0-039 fix, but we're still at sp3. I started thinking about sp4 because of a print spooler issue. MS told me to wait for sp4 to get a "permanent" fix for print spooler problems. But this could be a case of solving old problems and creating new ones.

We installed SP4 and experienced the "Slow Logon" problem. Luckily, I had already called Microsoft to get the patch. To be honest, that's the only problem we've had with upgrading/patching and we installed MS03-039 before SP4.

We are using windows 2000 server SP4 and MetaFrame XPs FR2 and have been getting the slow logon problem as well. Does the patch you have been talking about here come from Microsoft or from Citrix? If it is a Citrix patch is it only available for FR3?

Can anyone please help me on what to do to take off SP4 and put on SP3 on a windows 2000 pro server? I don't have any help here. thanks

Remove SP4 from add/remove programs. It should return you to SP3, but if you want, you can also download SP3 and re-install it.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. It is not in Add/Remove programs. I finally got a hold of the guy that loaded it and he said it was integrated on the CD that he had.
I also tried loading SP3 over the top and this did not work either.
thanks

Stupid question, but....Did the integrator choose to back up the previous files for backout in the event of a problem?

No rest for the Wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back