Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIN2K SERVER VPN SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2001
US
I've been following some directions from microsoft's site on how to set up a VPN server on Windows 2k Advanced Server. Can anyone provide any easier step by step instructions on some other site that might be good or work as another reference. Thanks.

I know that you said you had been looking at docs on Microsoft's website, but when I setup a VPN server on Win2K Advanced Server I used the following web doc, and it was straightforward and worked well. It is from Microsoft but perhaps you haven't ran across it:

Also there is another article that is pretty good at solving common VPN problems located at:

If you still have problems or a specific error, you may also wish to check out:

That is a good site with lots of solutions. Hope this helps.

JL

That was an excellent article, I don't know I think I looked at that one before but either way I printed it out again and it went smoothly. Now I'm on to my next task. Thanks again.

I'm having an issue on an NT domain. Users that are not Administrators cannot access shared resouces on Win2K machines. They can hit the PDC and BDC easily - but nothing else. The username and password box pops up - and when logging in it does nothing but pop back up blank. Admins using the c$ share have no problem. Does this make sense? I would think it has to be something easy Im just missing. Clients are using Win2K Professional.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back