Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Server Modem Connection sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmirnoffBlu

Programmer
May 25, 2001
GB
Whats the best way to setup Internet connection sharing on a domain controller, server, with a 56k dialup modem.

Go to routing and remote access and select internet connection server.

Mark
mark@acsconsult.com

Will I need specific ISP details (ie) router details.?

Also will I need to set anything up to allow the modem to be shared . External 3com courier via Com1 on server..

There is a way to do it with just using ICS. But it is rather long and drawn out on how to get it done I know because I had to prove a few MCSE¡¦s wrong and show them it could be done. But I would suggest just setting up routing and remote access must easier to set up and maintain. Now here is the real challenge¡K. Get roaming profiles to work on a 98 machine. ƒº It can be done a friend and I did it one day to see if could be done it requires a little bit of reghacking in windows 98. If I can find the doc that we did on it I would send it to anyone that wanted it.

Brian B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back