Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Server Can't launch applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwtakahas

Technical User
Mar 22, 2001
US
I have a win2k server which has all of a sudden lost file associations. All the applications which were installed are not recognized anymore. Even the windows administrative tools etc. are not recognized. Basically everything in the start menu / programs cannot be launched. The server (print and file server) seems to be running ok still, however, I can't launch any applications - i.e. Arcserve backup software. All the files are still there, just not recognized anymore... did something happen with the registry??? What causes this?

Any help would be appreciated...
thanks,
michael

Try using the W2K Server CD and running the repair feature. Then try either running arc server if this doesn't work then try reinstalling arc server.

Let me know! James Mannion
IT Officer
james.mannion@exeter.gov.uk

Thanks James.

I ended up running win2k server install again (upgrade)command and bingo... everything re-appeared! Permissions were all the same still and everything is fine! Not sure what happened here, but it's up and running.

thanks!
michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back