Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K Pro SP 3 roll back question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlee1

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
I need to roll back to Win2K SP2 and the BDE didn't archive the ability to do so. uninstalling IE6 SP1 didn't do the trick either.

has anybody ran across instructions for a manual rolling back to SP2?

thanks

So you didn't backup previous service pack level when you installed SP3 (no C:\WINNT\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst)?

Why do you need to uninstall - ie, what is the problem? Are you sure uninstalling SP3 will fix it?

it was the end user that did the upgrade. and no he didn't archive the previous version for rollback. I had him locked down. But a couple of requirements with him on the road forced me to allow him to make some changes. so much for trusting an end user. and yes, he'll get locked down again.

yes, the VPN software requires SP2 to function. so it needs rolling back.

uummm?? reviewing options, I see that the pc in question is an upgrade from NT. I can take the Win2k upgrade disk and run a repair that should take it back to SP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back