Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k in Multiple NT Domain environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Hi all, I hope someone can help me with this.. Its driving me up the wall!

Fairly simple to explain:

Windows 2000 Pro

I want to configure it to connect to 2 different Domains, so that I can choose which one I connect to from the drop-down box at logon.

We have done it doesens of times with NT4, but how do i do it in 2k?

Cheers!
--

Dash
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every Minute!!!!!"

How did you do it in NT? (I thought you could only belong to one domain at a time).

I'd have to ask the NT guy... Its not something i've done personally, But we have a site where theer are over 200 NT4 Machines and they can flick between domains just by logging off and choosing the other domain.

The domains aren't linked in anyway, No trust relationships or anything, you just have the drop-down box at logon and it looks like this:

Domain1
Domain2
Computer Name

If it can be done in NT4, then surely it can be done in 2k?
Cheers,

--

Dash

wolluf

Thanks for those, I'll have a look when I'm not on a censored Internet connection...
I do support contracts for schools so all tyhe internet connections I have access to during the week have chat sites filtered, and our proxy thinks that Yahoo Groups is a chat site :)

--

Dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back