Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k Fax Server No Response from Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

kesm

Technical User
Jul 8, 2002
GB
I have set-up the Fax Service on windows 2000 pro.
The problem that am I am facing is when using the code below to send a fax in VB6, I recieve no warnings or messages but no fax documents are spooled.

The code which is called from a form command button is as follows:- (the str data is populated from textboxes from the form)

Private Sub CMB1_Click(Index as Integer)
On Error GoTo Handle_ComsError

Dim iFax as FaxServer
Dim iFaxDoc as FaxDoc
{Dimension strings..}
{Assign Strings..}

set iFax = CreateObject("FaxServer.FaxServer")
iFax.Connect (strServer)
set iFaxDoc = iFax.CreateDocument(strFilename)
With iFaxDoc
.FaxNumber = strFaxNumber
.CoverpageName = strCoverPageName
.SendCoverPage = boleSendCoverPage
.RecipientName = strRecipientName
.SenderName = strSenderName
.CoverPageNote = strCoverPageNote
.Send
End With

..Other code to trap errors/close objects etc. follows.

There are references to the faxadmin.dll and faxcom.dll

Running this code gives no errors or acknowledgements for fax status.

There is no document created in the fax document directories / none placed on the fax queue (or anywhere on machine)
The Fax machine works from the OS and applications. Just not from this code?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Kesm

Have you tried using Debug.Print statements to follow the execution of this method? Another thing to do would be to set watches on the iFaxDoc and iFax objects that notify when a change occurs. That will let you trace the values of the objects and see if they are initializing and being set correctly. Greg W
wolgemga@aecl.ca

I have taken them out of the .with statement and recieve <expression not defined in context>..
I have the dll files registered, have installed onto another w2k pro. updated to sp3. ? Any thing else I could try.
Kesm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back