Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K client logging on to Novell 3.12 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyiguana

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2001
US
Why doesn't my windows 2000 machine map the proper drives when it logs on to the novell server? Do I have to edit the system log in script or something? I am connecting with the Client Service for Netware and to the proper server. If I manually map the drives, they stay connected but why don't they automatically do this?

Are you getting ANY drive mappings? I mean are you getting F: mapping to SYS:SYSTEM, and Z: to SYS:pUBLIC? If not, when you are at your login prompt, select the advanced button, and then the Scripts tab. Make sure that the RUN SCRIPTS box is checked. If it isn't, then that is your problem. If you are getting the default mappings, please include your login script in a post, and we can disect it.

-Mike Michael A. Dontato MCNE, MCSE, CCA
mdonato@site-technologies.com

You need the followig in your novell login script...

SET MAPROOTOFF="1"

The statement is required in order for the MAP command to
operate correctly in Win2K. If not present, all MAP commands in a login script will act as MAP ROOT commands. This command must be the first command in the script.

Try this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back