Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2k - Change Domain Admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssency

Technical User
Jun 27, 2003
US
I would like to change the Built-in Administrator password on the server. I am able to change the Logon name but not the password. The "Password never expires" field is checked and greyed out on the Administrator Properties Account screen. I have checked the Group Policies with no luck. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

How are you trying to change the password? You can't change the password from never expires, but you should be able to right-click on the user name and select reset password.

or you should be able to log in as the administrator, hit control+alt+delete and cahnge the password....

Just remember that if services are set up, like back up exec, with admin password that if you change it will affect services

Thanks to all of you for your help -- I was able to change the password by right clicking on the admin account. What threw me off was the inability to remove the check mark from the "password never expires" block. It seems that this is a default setting with the domain admin account.

Thanks again.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back