Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K boot disk utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadt

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2001
US
Does anyone know the difference between the the two different bootdisk utilities of Windows 2000 Pro? makeboot.exe and I think the other is called mkboot32.exe, or somthing close to that.
I can't find any referance to it in technet or the win2k cd other than the utility it's self. I tried mkboot21.exe /? it says the same thing that the makeboot.exe does. Is boot32 for making a fat 32 partition? Is NTFS supported in both utilites? What's the differances between the two.

quadt

if its anything like the difference between winnt.exe and winnt32.exe, one is for use under command line mode, and the other is to be executed when inside of windows. Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

With other Windows systems, ?32.exe is for an upgrade application and ?.32.exe is for clean, new install.

May be the same, but not sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back