Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious5

MIS
Jan 8, 2003
GB
I am currently having some problems with Win2K Backup.

Recently I have noticed that the backups have failed over the past couple of days when scheduled to run at night.

So I therefore tried running a backup today, I am putting the right tape in and selecting the correct tape to us from the backup program.

However I keep getting the following error message:

The requested media is not currently on-line. Please insert the specified media: "Tape2" media #1

Now this to me would suggest that it cannot see the tape, any ideas what could be causing this problem other than using the incorrect tape?

Not sure the exact problem with this, but here is how I would proceed. I would pull a "new" tape and place it in the drive. Try and run a format on the tape. If that completes chances are pretty good that the drive is fine. Next see if you can run a quick little backup of a single file (something other than the nightly backup).

If the tape drive formats the new tape and backs up the file you know the drive is fine and there is something wrong with the tape cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back