Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2K Audio driver does not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phinoppix

Programmer
Jul 24, 2002
US
Audio is CMI8736 onboard. I have my disk driver and tried installing, but does not work. Two ways: 1) setup.exe, 2) via Add/Remove Hardware, but still does not work. What seems to be problem?

I downloaded a copy from the supplier, and it didnt work either.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Nope! I have dual OS (w/ Win98 only) and audio there is good.

I had this audio problem in W2K as well but it was with an onboard Ali Audio. Conflict with my Soundblaster PCI sound card. Disabled Ali in the BIOS, got my sound back. Hope this helps.

I have VIA 694AS with CELERON 900 PC100. Cheapest in town but fits my programming works! [smile]

This board's havin lots of problems with Win2K. While my ASUS machine loads easily.

Am not in my working PC now. But I think I didn't coz the last time I installed 4in1 pack, BSOD randomly appears during startup.
I'l do another clean install and will post back the results.

The audio was CMI8738, my mistake.
I made a clean install. Now audio is working fine, using the CD driver. I didn't installed 4in1 pack yet, but this error appeared:

Stop:
0x000000D1 (0x006F0043, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xBFF89CB3)

Address BFF89CB3 base at BFF84000. Datestamp 38497754 - atapi.sys

I made similar posts at WinXP forum. same problem. Is it atapi.sys pertaining to CD driver? If so, am using a CD/RW drive when I installed Win2K.

TIA

duh??? I haven't. I'l check on that and post back the results. tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back