Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win2000 server iis problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

duude

Vendor
Jun 14, 2002
US
i've placed my company's web page in the IIS directory. it's in the default website directory. i've placed my the .html file in the documents tab. the problem is sometimes the url works ( but always. i can get to the site utlitizing the ip adress when the url doesn't. i can't figure it out.

If the IP always works and the URL doesn't, that is a DNS issue. Not your webserver/site. Check out your DNS server and/or settings....

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Check your DNS forward lookup zone and see if there is a host entry for your webserver. If not, add it.
Check the local machine to see if this is the only place it looks for name resolution. After you check the server, from command line, run NSLOOKUP of the webservers IP. See if the correct DNS server responds and with the correct IP....

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

ok. if thats the case then the URL wouldn't work at all. correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back