Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win2000, office 2000 license agreement problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfeenie

Technical User
Sep 29, 2000
GB
hi there

having just installed office 2000 from sctatch we now get the EULA license agreement coming up everytime you enter any Office application, clicking accept gets rid of the box but every time you go back in it magically re appears ?
also in office 2000 we are constantly getting the enable macro box, how do you turn macros on whilst not gettting the box to appear ?

thanx

Rob If in doubt get the Ball Pein Hammer out

Did you ever get an answer to this?
I'm getting the same thing on a w2k machine... I'm sure its a permission problem (this is one of the first machines that we have clamped down the security... contractor is using it).

stan

This one's pretty easy.. All you need to do is log in as administrator, or someone with local/domain admin privileges... Then run word or any office program and accept the EULA.

It should then stop appearing. Normal user's just don't have the power to accept responsibility for it in MS eyes I presume.

Maybe someone can help with this one - anyone know how to automate the EULA accept? One of our dodgy applications causes a partial reinstall of office now and again, meaning we need to log onto 100 machines as admin and accept it again - can we automate this by importing a registry key in a logon script or something?

Are u using a server?

If you are and thr policies are controlling the down loading of Office the when you first setup a user and then exit that logon it will save as a profile and the who ever logs in will not have an issue under that user name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back