Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win2000 login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
hello. i´d like to know how to logon to windows 2000 without pressing CRTL+ALT+DEL. also the password and login question should not pop up! is this in the server version of win2000 possible? tx for any ideas. tIn the 2nd

Um. There's an option in yout local security policies to not require ctrl-alt-del for login, but I wouldn't advise it. You can get rid of the whole login process by telling windows to always assume a certain user is logging in, read through your local security Policies more carefully.

Where in Win 2K server does one find the option to tell tell windows to always assume "User" has logged?

I have a windows XP workstation. After some hours of been on the desktop goes blank with a folder icon I can open in the tools bar.
All the applications keep runing but nothing displays on the desktop. What could be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back