Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2000 Floppy Crashes System

Status
Not open for further replies.

xceler8

MIS
Apr 5, 2001
US
Last week we had the FunLove virus run through our network. We used Symantec's FixFun to get rid of the virus. After all was clean and we finally got back to normal, we noticed that every Win2000 machine we had would crash upon trying to use a floppy disk. All other machines (win95/98/ME) work fine. Any ideas or suggestions on what might be happening here?

Xceler8,

Did you ever get an answer for Office2000 keycode, if so can you post it or email it to me.
Do not know how to email you directly.

No, I'm sorry, I havent. I've been scouring the internet since trying to find out if you can get it or not, but to no avail. If I find anything out I will post it or something, and hopefully you would do the same? :)
Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Although I did find out that in this particular incident, InoculateIt requires a new driver update, so if you use InoculateIt on Windows2000, check into getting this updated driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back