Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2000 client, a local drive not backing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfontaine

MIS
Dec 18, 2000
US
I have a Win2000 server with TSM client 5.1. Our TSM is 4.1.1 running on 4.3.3 AIX. The problem is local drive E: is not backing up. This is a shared drive also.

Following is the contents osf a dsm.opt file:

commmethod tcpip
TCPServeraddress 172.16.9.3
tcpport 1500

DOMain E:
QUERYSCHEDPERIOD 6
SCHEDMODE POLLING
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE

Exclude c:\...\*
Exclude d:\...\*
Include e:\...\*

I do realize I really don't need to specifically exclude c and d drives, because the domainis specified, but when the backup kicks off, we get the following error in the dsmerror.log file:

11/05/2002 00:36:55 ANS1228E Sending of object '\\acl-server\e$' failed
11/05/2002 00:36:55 ANS1063E Invalid path specification

Could you please critique this for me and let me know where I am going wrong? It does work on my NT4.0 workstation..

E is not local drive. It look like network drive.
Maybe E drive is acl-server's E drive

Check it.

Good luck.

Taesang Kim From Korea Always have nice days...
=======================================
Office 82-2-575-0030 Home 82-2-841-3122
Mail : tskim@hsis.co.kr

Taesang Kim ,
This drive is local to acl-server, when I mantioned shared, I meant it is shared for other clients to access. I don't see this as a problem, but I don't want to overlook anything.

Brian

hmm is it safe to assume nothing gets backed up? Latest 5.1 client? Because otherwise your options file looks fine.

Looking at help for ANS1228E it says:

ANS1228E Sending of object 'object-nameobject-nameobject-name' failed

Explanation: The specified file (object-name) cannot be sent to the server.

System Action: File skipped.
User Response: Retry the operation. If the problem continues, see your system administrator to isolate the problem through use of the server console.

So is only that file (which isnt really a file) being backed up? i.e. does it backup the E file system as you intend it to and are just wondering about the actual error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back