Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win2000 and Proxy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisisi

Technical User
Mar 23, 2001
GB
Can anyone help. I have a Win2000 Server with SP2 and proxy 2 installed. Intermittantly (every couple of days) the Internet browsing ability stops for clients, but email still works, so possible a problem with the W3 service. However I have installed Proxy again and the problem is still there albeit taking 5-6 days to manifest itself. The usual resumption is a reboot and its OK although a stop/start of the W3 service will do.

No obvious errors in the event logs.

Any suggestions pls.

are you hosting other websites on the IIS on that server ? ---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be
*:->* Did this post help? Click below to let me know !

Yes, there are a couple of websites hosted.

If they are hosted on the same port as the default website, then you might get these problems...

Any chance you can move these websites to another server ? ---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be
*:->* Did this post help? Click below to let me know !

There is an upgrade problem on the microsoft website you have to download and install in order for proxy 2 to work on win2k. Have you done that?

No, I haven't done the patch. Where can I find it, or what Q number is is.

Thanks.

Full URL would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back