Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

win xp vpn accepts incoming from lan but not from inet

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicyyo

Programmer
Feb 14, 2006
DE
hi
i have one xp pro sp2 machine which is directly connected to the internet via dsl. on that machine i installed the win xp vpn server. when i try to connect to that machine from the internet i get stuck at "verifying user and password..." and then get error 619. connecting to the same machine from the local network works fine, though! both machines run NIS 2005. i tried disabling both firewalls but i still cant connect to the server from the internet.
i ve been searching google for the past 3 days and cant find an answer. i hope someone can help me!
thanks

hi etwatson, thanks a lot for your reply!
no, i didnt register the vpn server...
i have never done anything with active directory before and i cant find it. everything i read was about windows 2000 or windows server 2003. i am using xp pro. can you tell me how to configure my active directory (and what exactly active dir is)?
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back