Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win XP Pro Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

leesgritt

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
GB
I want to make the Windows XP login as much like Win 2K as possible. I have already turned off the welcome screen and am using the user name and password box. I would like to make the users press CTRL, ALT & DEL to be able to log in. I searched the help built in to XP nad it says go to user accounts in control panel and click on the advanced tab. I do not have an advanced tab in the user accounts section. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong? Is my XP installation corrupt or am I just going crazy? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Lee.

2 questions :
1) is XP pro or home edition ?
2) Do you have administrator profile on the machine ? Water is not bad as long as it stays out human body ;-)

Sorry for not putting this is the original post, it is Windows XP Pro and I do have administrator access.

Thanks again, Lee.

Start, Run, control userpassword2, advanced tab, check the box for 'Require users to press CAD'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back