Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win XP Pro IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiree

Technical User
Aug 7, 2002
US
Hello, I'm building a new system and with Intel D875PBZ motherboard, Intel P4 3.05GB 533, DDR400 1.024MB RAM, Maxtor 6Y080L0/6Y120P0 drives and Thermaltake Xaser 1420 case, ATI9500 128MB video card, Creative Soundblaster 5.1, 3COM EtherLink 3C905-TX NIC, Philips DVDRW1208, Sony CD-ROM CDU5211, Logitech Elite Duo keyboard and mouse.

I'm getting blue screens IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the stop codes are: 0x0000000A (0x000000E8, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x806BB896).

Attempting to solve the issue I have reformatted drive 'C' and installed Win XP Pro and nothing else except the drivers necessary for the Chipset, video card, sound card, and Logitech stuff. I rolled the USB back to 1.1 from 2.0, and discovered that uninstalling the onboard LAN from Network Adapters eliminated most of the bule screens. This is a stand alone system and if anyone has experience with this motherboard and bule screens all advice would be welcome.

It could be as simple as bad ram. Search this forum for other possible solutions.

Hello again,

I should also have included that in addition to the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors I have gotten lots of BugCode_USB_Driver errors with the following data 0x000000FE (0x00000004, 0x857814C0, 0x8558E538, 0x00000000) and a few Bad_Pool_Caller errors. As I don't have ready access to other RAM I hope someone who has shared this experience will supply another possible solution. At this moment the only cards in the computer are Video, Sound, NIC, and the DVD and CD-ROM devices.

Hekko one more time,

I just finished Using MemTest 86 v3.0 and my DDR400 RAM passed all test with 3 passes and no errors. So I would hope this eliminate bad RAM from the list of suspects in this problem {:/

Actually despite your successful memory test, I am more likely to suspect memory than I was before. In my experience, when multiple, different stop errors are occurring, it is most likely bad ram. Also, the FE error is a very uncommon one. Here's a good list of error messages and what causes some of them

in my experience it's most likely mismatched ram that's causing it, not neccessarily bad ram.

(i'm using 2100 ddr btw)

i had the same problem using two "good" different brand, 256mb ddr ram (i checked them with memtest and they tested good) and when i replaced them with only one 512mb, all errors stopped.
i then also tried two "same brand" 256mb and stil no errors.
but whenever i try any combination of different branded ddr, the stop error comes back.
now, i use the one 512mb and two new 256mb (all same brand) with no problems

are all the ram you're using from the same manufacturer ?

Hello All,

Concerning the RAM, I have installed 2 cards of:
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory 512MB PC3200 DDR400 MHz. I might add that during the past week of trying to set this computer up, on two occasions I received 3 rapid beeps on POST but each time the system continued to boot. Yesterday I removed the sound card and disconnected the DVD and CD-ROM devices and NIC and connected my cable modem via the USB port and still contine to receive IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BugCode_USB_Driver errors and one Multiple_IRP_Complete_Request.

Color me frustrated.

If you have 2, try running with just 1. If no problems, then the one that is out is bad. Put it back in to confirm this.

If there are the same problems, swith the one that's out with the one that's in and see what happens. BTW, you aren't overclocking are you?

Probably nothing to do with this, but I have the same problem when I reboot my PC with my USB Cable modem plugged in. If I plug it in after Windows boots, it's fine.

Never used to do it, just a recent occurance (no change of hardware or software).

Decided to setup the modem via LAN rather than USB, now it's fine.

Strange.

Sorry, just thought I'd share that with you.

mark

Hello All,

A very big hearty "Thank you" to all who responded to my plea for help and especially you, Mark. I connected my cable modem via the LAN cable vise USB port and have been surfing the web for about 5 hours with no problems (my eyes are crossed [;->).
I can't believe my Motorola SB4100 (in use for 3 years now on another system) or Intel's D875PBZ wouldn't be compatible with each other, but there it is.

Now to see what happens when I connect my HP 2300d printer and a couple of other things to the MoBo USB ports.

Wish me luck please, and again thanks to all for the suggestions.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back