Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win XP Pro and nwscript.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfwebber

MIS
May 7, 2002
US
I posted this over in the Windows XP forum and thought I give it a shot here also.

I have a mixed environment that includes Win XP, W2K and Netware. I have my Win XP Pro workstation log into a W2K domain and into a Netware 5.1 server. When I setup the CSNW, I check the box to run login scripts.

Sporadically, more often than not, the login scripts do not execute. Sometimes a reboot fixes the issue.

Has anyone experienced this before and have a fix? Thanks for any assistance.

Jim Jim Webber
Network Administrator MCSE CNA

Do the workstation users have local administrative rights? Sometimes the login script does not run because it access areas where local admin rights are needed (thus looking like the script doesn't run). I've been looking for an easy way around this but haven't found anything (except for granting access to specific areas, dlls, etc. - to the user; for each application (would take forever))

Well, I used the following for a fix. I have deselected run login scripts on the CSNW and created login scripts that are stored on the W2K server. The login scripts are the same that would run via the Netware login scripts.

Jim Jim Webber
Network Administrator MCSE CNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back