Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win XP and Novell Client 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmcgillem

MIS
Jun 26, 2001
US
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can only create one user account in Windows but set it up to where the Novell logon screen comes up regardless?? I know that you can set up the AutoLogon for the Windows portion, but when you do that, it completely bypasses the Novell logon screen. Any info would be helpful.

You may have already tried this but if your using Zenworks just tell it to use the same local account for all users. From memory the setting is in where you manage the Dynamic Local User.

If anyone is still looking for this solution let me know.
I have found a soultion a mixture of reg hacks from Novell and Microsoft that works perfectly.

We are using windows XP in a novell environment. you can set up a user policy on the server, which allows a user from this network to log on to the novell server and workstation all together. no need to create user locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back