Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win Xp and Corel Suite 8 errors 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2004
NL
Hi,

my problem is kind of complex. I have Win XP and I want to run Corel WP8. I have early editions of WP8 SP to 7 or 8. And this is what I get:
Unable to load language resource DLL, when I right-click on a program icon. I tried to solve it by copying and pasting the Shellwp.dll and Shlwp8en.dll everywhere where Corel would look for it, without use. It still said the same thing. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help either.
The second problem is everytime I start WP8 it says that it's making a wrong turn somewhere and that I can send a message to Microsoft to search for a solution and if I did that it wouldn't even show me the webpage, so that doesn't work. And when I start it a second time, it just works.
But I would like it to work just normally without any error messages and then work as if nothing ever happened. Do you guys know any solutions? Coz I'm out.
Thanks in advance

Rename the wp8us.wpt file and start wp8. Be sure that you have the latest patch.

Is a default printer selected in windows?

Lastly, you can try a reinstall to another folder.

oo, yes, that worked :). It seemed that the latest patch wasn't on and it still was argueing about making a wrong action somewhere and it seemed that giving it a printer actually worked! Sometimes, I think the computers are the illogical ones... oh well it solved the problem, thanks Khobson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back